Phil, Eric,
I uninstalled the MixW Virtual ports and installed N8VB build 226. I have got SDR to work with Digipan using bit bang but not  DX4Win with CAT. I set it up to work with com 4 and com 5 and the SDR emulating the TS2000. DX4Win tells me that there is no port. I am using Version 1.4.0, Asus 3.2 Ghz. D44. I noticed on btracy.com that he had a version of 1.4.0 with CAT commands implemented for download. Do I need to use that instead of the regular version on the download page? DX4Win has a utility that allows me to check interoperability between programs. Using MixW Virtual ports it worked fine, using build 226 it does not recognize the SDR at all.
73,
Dale AA5XE
Philip Covington wrote:
Dale, Eric,

The MixW driver did not support timeouts, events, or allow you to use
asynchronous I/O.  To make it work Bill had to continuously poll the
serial port.  This slowed down the serial coms.  The MixW driver also
would not allow PowerSDR to work with Ham Radio Deluxe very well (if
at all) and many other third party programs.  The vCOM driver tries to
closely emulate a real hardware serial port and allows very high speed
communication between PowerSDR and third party programs.  I wrote a
new serial communications class for PowerSDR that replaced the old
serial port polling code that supports both hardware and virtual com
ports.  It is event driven which reduces CPU load from polling.

You can download the vCOM driver build 226 from
http://www.philcovington.com/SDR.html
There is no need to keep the MixW driver on your system since vCOM
works fine with MixW.

73 de Phil N8VB