At 01:33 PM 8/21/2005, Bill Guyger wrote:
I could get with the XLR's or the CPC styles. A "D sub" might be cool too. A lot of the professional sound cards that really do have balanced in's and out's use "D" connector to XLR breakout cable.

Mini phone plugs don't always mate properly especially when you have a brand "A" jack and a brand "B" plug, Neutric does however make a REAL nice 1/8" TRS plug, I can't speak as to their mating connector.

It's not the plug that causes problems (although Neutrik does, in general, have nice stuff). It's the jack, and I think that the connector gods themselves could not make it work. The mechanics are all wrong.

I'm out on modular connectors for audio applications, and while Lemo makes one hell of a good connector they're worse that mini plugs to solder to.

Excellent point. They do require a real steady hand, and when you screw up a connector, they're expensive enough that you cry.

I have still have the willies about having to cram one or two mono ceramic bypass capacitors into the 4 pin lemos that Vega wireless mics use to use. A lot of wireless mics today use the "mini XLR' connectors which might be an option. While smaller than a normal XLR they're easier to deal with than Lemo's.

Haven't seen those recently, but sounds good. I assume that like big XLRs, the latch is separate from the contacts.

Just my for what it's worths.

Bill AD5OL