I am trying to operate CW -- 25 to 35 wpm  --

If one plugs into the key input of the radio and uses an external
computer to key rig,
Software set for Parallel the result is the output drops dits; just as
it sounds on the monitor.

Not able to key with serial port of computer.

It is the SDR addressing com1?  Not sure.

Is the DB9 connector of computer being defined as com1- not sure.

I am using version 1.4.4 with Dell computer that came with SRD radio.

Suggestions?

Followed instruction from reflector subject New Advice on CW
 dated -- Aug 1st  -- did not see 6 or 8 going low.

Mark
K5GQ

Robert W McGwier n4hy at idaccr.org
Mon Aug 1 12:09:10 CDT 2005

--------

John:

It is very very good news indeed that you're able to run the SDR-1000 on

that machine.  Please select low resolution clock and try it again with
1.4.4 and also please try the serial com port keyer coming with 1.4.4.

Common pin 4,  dit pin 6 and dash pin 8 in a DB9.

Bob
N4HY