In case comments appended at the end of yesterday's kitting update were missed, I
repeat them here in the clear, including the direct link.

73, George N2APB

==============
If you caught my mention about "experimentation" with the
SoftRock-40 Kit, you should take a look at the "future applications" link on the
SoftRock-40 web page ... http://www.amqrp.org/kits/softrock40/futures.html

You'll see some experimentation going on for
integrating the SoftRock with the Micro908 and a "dual DDS". The DDS driver
of the Micro908 allows it to control the dual-DDS board coming soon from
KK7P that generates the individually- and precisely-controlled clocks to
generate the I and Q audio signals representing the received signal. Now,
connect those two audio streams into the DSPx Daughtercard contained within
the Micro908, add the appropriate demodulation software, and we'll have a
standalone, portable Software Defined Radio ... no PC required!

Pretty cool for that little Micro908 platform, eh? This "SoftRock-908" SDR radio is one of the main applications for which the Micro908 was specifically targeted back when designed and introduced last year. And it all keeps on getting better
and better! :-)

BTW, full info specifically for the SoftRock-40 Kit can be found at
http://www.amqrp.org/kits/softrock40