Frank,

Many thanks for explaining your design issues to us software 'numbheads'!

Like you say, it's only after a couple of goes at building such a project
do you realise the more elegant ways of structuring the thing. I'll be
interested to see how much more 'readable' 1.5 et al becomes.

I also found Jim Lux's comments very interesting.

On the documentation thing - if one of you software gurus had the time to
record what the basic inputs, action and outputs were for the various
modules, send me a WAV file via email,  I'd be very happy to write it up
into the code. Probably easiest to do it a few modules at a time.

I think what would set me up  with being able to tinker with the code like
I used to do with the VB console is a design note that outlines the basic
mechanisms used to transport signal and control streams around the radio.
It might seem obvious to the experts, but without that roadmap I'm
currently floundering in this heavily 'event driven' archetecture. As
above, if someone knowledgeable is willing to talk it through on a
recording, then I'll write it up, get it checked, correct it etc. (I do a
lot of technical writing at work with EMC test reports etc.) I'm away on
holiday all next week, but anytime after that.

Regards, Bob Edwards, G4BBY