Larry Loen wrote:

4. 80 is a must-have. Must be able to do DXCC with this antenna and my amp. 30 meters I very much wish to have, having never been on the band in a serious way. If there is an outstanding "monobander" at 80, I would definitely consider that.

Gotta get ON4UN's "Low Band DXing" and see what he has to say about phased verticals.

A monoband half-square or bobtail would be an obvious candidate, too, as close relatives of the phased verticals.

Given the harmonic relationship, you might be able to do double duty with an 80m monobander on 30m as well, with a little fudging from capacitance hats.

73
Frank
AB2KT