The 9954 does have problems. It is reported to me that the 9958 has solved these problems. I will know soon since I am going to give them a head to head!

Bob

Lyle Johnson wrote:

Let me say that for the future AD9954 and AD9958 just look spectacular. I have ordered the development boards for both of them. Especially on the low bands, either of these would give spur performance where the spurs are below the noise floor at all but sub multiples of the clock. It is my understanding that the 9958 has made spectacular strides in this "keeping the clock submultiples" off the output.

I'll be interested in the real world performance of these DDS parts. Early production versions were *not* as expected with this clock frequency (400 MHz) and number of DAC bits.

Lyle