Bill,

The answer to both of your questions is found in audio.cs in the
callbacks.

We record using floats because we floats are what we get from/send to
Portaudio.  They have the capability to use ints (supposedly), but we
were never able to get it to work at 24-bits.  Since we already have
floats, it is easier to just write the data than to mess with converting
them (though it is possible).  The reason there is existing code for
doing 16 bit integers is because the original wave playback was written
for older IQ files which were 16 bit ints.

The data is taken at different places depending on whether it is
transmit or receive data.  We take it from the very front of the chain
(before any processing) on RX.  We take it from the end (processed
audio) for TX.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

Audio