From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of KD5NWA
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 1:29 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Visual multi-OS Platform for developing SDR software.

This is related to SDR sort of. I'm looking for a visual multi-OS programming platform to create modified versions of the SDR software on different OS.

For the last year or so I've been looking on and off for a visual platform that will let me generate applications for Windows, Linux, and OS X without having to do 20 jumps through hoops or have to borrow money from the bank to pay for it. The only thing so far that fits the bill is Lisp, incredibly powerful but there is a huge learning curve associated with it.

I downloaded MS C# beta version from their web site and set it up, and I'm not impressed. I don't have fastest PC on the Planet but I also don't have the slowest, It's a 1700MHz Athalon with 1.5 Gig of Ram and a 1.2 Terabyte HD drive array (I use it for video editing).

The IDE was so incredibly slow, it would take several seconds to do anything, click on a button to see the code, wait. open a file, wait, call up a tool bar, wait. It's to the point where is not very productive, anything you do is accompanied by having to wait.

For the folks out there that use MS C#, is that your experience or did you have to buy a really fast machine to get it to move it's carcass?

Frustrated!

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't; only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...