From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 2:36 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Spectrum vs. Histogram CPU Load

Last night was the first time I’ve experienced intermittent tx audio.  I’ve been running a 256 byte buffer with no ill effects on a 3GHz Pentium for the last week.  Cpu load is usually less than 5%.  Last night it was around 50% on tx.  After shutting everything down and restarting it was still the same.  Bottom line is that when in the Histogram Display Mode it was sucking up a lot of cycles.

Here’s what I’m seeing with the Spectrum display,  ~3% on rx, ~9% on tx.  With the Histogram ~17% rx and ~33% on tx.  I expected the Histo to use more resources, but I’m surprised to see it increase so dramatically on tx.  Comments please.

With a 1024 buffer it’s not a problem.

73,

Curious John

k2ox