Tom -- for some reason I did not get the note below -- apparently you've done some more portmon trace of things. Do you have this setup working with another radio? If so a portmon trace of the setup with the working radio and one with the SDR may be of interest. I doubt the 0's instead of spaces is the issue since it sounds like the box continues to issue IF commands and PowerSDR stops responding.

If you have a portmon trace of good and bad setups I'd be happy to look @ 'em. If that does not do it perhaps a version of PowerSDR with a little debug stuff in the vicinity of the CAT code would be in order.

Regards,

Bill

At 04:04 PM 10/25/2005, Bob Tracy wrote:
Tom,

If the SteppIR is looking for spaces as padding for the frequency, then we
have a real problem.  The Kenwood spec (used to develop the SDR-1000 CAT
parser) specifically requires any blank character in a frequency string to
be "0".

Let me know what you find.

Bob K5KDN

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Tom Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:55 AM
To: Bill Tracey; Flex Radio
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] CAT Control

Bill,
After looking at the portcom.log file this morning, it looks as if the
IF; command is getting through every time but a response is only being
generated once.  That response is a little different from the one that
actually drives the StrppIR box correctly in that it has zeros in place
of spaces.  I don't know whether this makes a difference or not, but I
will pursue it and let you know.
73,
Tom   W0IVJ