Hmm that does seem to indicate something might be fishy in the event driven code and its flow control settings.

I belive I read in the SteppIR docs that they don't work at 1200 anymore, something about adding support for 57600 on the Orion

Given that you're working at 9600 I don't know how urgently I'll go looking for the glitch at 4800. I hesitate to change things and potentially break something else if we've got a viable workaround on the SteppIR.

Regards,

Bill  (kd5tfd)