From: Robert McGwier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:44 PM
To: ab7r
Cc: Joe - AB1DO; Flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] virtual audio cable issue

Good point and it reveals an interaction between the various settings.
If you choose 2048 on VAC and it is 8000 samples per second,  this is
turned into 12234 samples when resampled to 48000.  If you get the
phasing wrong (it will be random, having nothing to do with you
personally) you could get unlucky and need to deal with numbers of
samples in excess of 16384 in the ring buffers and that would do you
in.  The ring buffers are 16384 samples.   I would use the smallest
buffers for VAC that will work and we should make 512 the default.

Bob