-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ab7r
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 10:48 PM
To: Flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Contesting with Preview 4

Was going to make a serious attempt at the SS CW contest this weekend.  But
gremlins krept into the mix.  My control cable to the six pack antenna relay
had a visit from Mickey Mouse who feasted on the cable enought to cause a
short and keep blowing the fuse in the control box.  No way was I gonna mess
with it in the wx we had last night.

Fixed it this afternoon and got to play a bit more.

Preview 4 did a fine job with N1MM.  I'm not sure why, maybe due to the
polling, but a handy thing was that when ever I clicked on a signal the
focus immediately jumped back to N1MM.  This made search and pounce very
easy!  Filters were great!

The only anomaly I noticed was that when I would send with the paddles thru
COM 1 (using a keyer), the next time I would send with N1MM I would loose
the MON sidetone.  Happened every time.  Hopefully that can be fixed.  Other
than that, it played well.  With the amount of time I lost due to the
antenna situation, any serious attempt was long lost.  But still had fun.
Much nicer than turning the knob to listen for a signal and give new meaning
to search and pounce.

73
Greg
AB7R