-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Amos
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:45 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Problem with SDR / VAC / Dream

I used to be able to run 1.4.5 B4 piping audio through VAC into Dream.

Now, when I crank up PowerSDR it opens the pipe (Sample Rate 8000 as set in
the VAC tab) but when I start up Dream listening on the output of the pipe,
it crashes with "SoundInterface Start waveInOpen() failed. This error
usually occurs if another application blocks the sound in. The application
will exit now."

Conversely, if I start Dream first, it opens a channel (at sample rate
48000) and when I try to start up VAC, SDR crashes with the less than
informative: "Unanticipated host error".

Thinking that it was just a sample rate problem, I set SDR VAC at Sample
Rate 48000, then run Dream. Dream crashes with the error above.

This used to work a week or so ago.  I honestly can't figure out what
changed. I use a D-44 card, 2.6 GHz P4 with 512M Ram. None of this has
changed.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Mark