Ross, if you are using the free trial version of VAC, they place a female voice every few seconds or so on the VAC cable, repeating "Trial".  It appears as periodic horizontal lines on the MixW waterfall, just like you said.  Use Audio Repeater, that comes with VAC, to bridge one of the VAC cables over to your speaker sound card to hear it.  It won't take but a second for you to get tired of it.  This would go out on the TX too during keydown.

73 and gud dx
Don, WD4EGF

----- Original Message -----
From: Ross
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] PSK vCOM VAC MixW

Rob, I have the same set up as you and I just tried psk without a problem, and using 1.4.5 preview 4 (which has a few problems of its own).
But I have noticed on the Mixw waterfall that I get a line across the screen about every three or so seconds, I never saw this when running Mixw with a "standard" soundcard into my FT1000MP.
The lines do not seem to do anything when receiving signals, i have perfect copy on Olivia signals.
Regards
Ross
ZL1WN