From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric Wachsmann - FlexRadio
Sent:
Friday, November 11, 2005 10:57 AM
To: 'Tom Ski'; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] CW on 1.4.5 P4

Tom,

Great questions (and I’m sure others have been wondering the same thing).  All of this will be documented in the operating manual when v1.4.5 goes official (i.e. no longer Beta).

First, the “SDR” option under primary is indeed the connection via the 1/8” port on the SDR-1000.  This option replaced the less-than-obvious label that read “LPT.”  This is the option you should use if your paddles are connected directly to the SDR-1000.  Having said that, we have noted that connecting your paddles to a serial port tends to give much better timing (at least at higher speeds – 25+ WPM).

The Disable PTT checkbox is the overall ruler of the PTT polling thread.  If the disable checkbox is marked, NO external source (paddles, third party programs, foot pedal, etc) will key the radio.  The only way to key the radio with Disable PTT on is to click the MOX button.

The CAT PTT controls are used to tell the PowerSDR software how to receive PTT signals from third party programs.  Some programs will send the MOX through CAT commands (in which case, the PTT setup is unnecessary), but others will want to use just a signal on the serial port itself (RTS or DTR).

Given the above, I would suggest that you go to the DSP -> Keyer tab and select “SDR” for the Primary connection and “None” for the secondary.  Make sure Disable PTT is _NOT_ checked, and then go back to the main console and make sure you are in a CW mode.  At this point you should be able to key the radio using your paddles connected to the SDR-1000.  Once you get that working and are feeling brave, try wiring up your paddles to a serial port and selecting that for the primary.

Eric Wachsmann

FlexRadio Systems