Larry

My thinking was that worldwide folks are throwing away IBM Clones, which had
a 20/40 pin floppy cable from the getgo. It provides the cables, and also
mating connectors, required to use pins 1-6 with some spare pwr and ground.

OTOH. (Wally are you taking notes? Comments?) If we take Wally's design and
put the 1-6 Mosfets on a simple "poor man's expansion board" and make it an
optional connection we have the simple :

1. Foot switch and isolated amplifier switcher on a small screw in circuit
board almost capable of being packaged in a backshell. Top or bottom mounted
dual in line .025 post connector.

And for those who wish:

2 add another six Opto Isolated switches for other amps etc on a ribbon
connector and an external board. I think a 10 pin connector would do in that
case. Instead of 20 or 40.

Eric2

Still in suggestion mode.