There should have been 2048 samples between. If there is not, I made a mistake and will do the file again. We definitely need the equalizer.

Bob

richard allen wrote:

In our military system tests we acquire 10-20 impulses and sum them in the frequency domain. If the ripple is actually in the system then it will stay in. This was what the generals all wanted. In our seismic stuff, where the geophysicists seem to think it is needed to find oil, we require the < 1 dB flatness in the frequency domain plateau of a single impulse.

Another possible problem is that the data before and after the impulse must be un-modified by another impulse coming along for at least the time to get thru the last fir filter stage in the sigma- delta converters. This takes 29 samples in our seismic converters. At that point the response should have dropped to zero, of course, but any analog stuff may still be banging about. I usually play it safe and isolate a single impulse in 1024 samples. I did not measured the time between the individual pulses in your data.

Impulse respone image is at http://rcallen.com/iqimp.png in case anyone else wants to see it.

Richard W5SXD

Robert McGwier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(11/23/2005 18:21)

There is enough there to tell me that we should have done the block equalizer a long time ago. I did not know about the ripple and the delay elements they imply.

Bob

richard allen wrote:

One more time.