Actually, your reply was very useful.

http://www.cygwin.com and
http://www.mingw.org

both allow the use of Linux, gcc, X, emacs, xemacs, etc. tools on windows. YOU CAN develop fully fleshed out GUI, etc. programs that run on Windows using these environments.

Bob

richard allen wrote:

Eric,

My earlier reply was probably not too useful. I've not used any free C for windoze but there is one that runs under dos called djgpp. see http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

http://clio.rice.edu/djgpp/win2k/main.htm talks about a late version that will evidently rununder2000 and xp.

Others here that are currently using one will hopefully reply.
Richard W5SXD

"ecellison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(11/23/2005 18:09)

Folks

I could probably search, but is there a C or "Visual" C compiler for Windows
in GPL? Like the SharpDevelop program is for C#?

Got my Xylo board up and running and would like to compile some of the
samples to get a feel. I would rather not tackle the MS VS products at this
point! The SDR is killin'  the budget this year!

Thanks

Eric2