I just measured the frequency on my counter. It is 114 MHz

Oh, baby.. that's going to attract a bit of attention from the feds..being in the middle of the aircraft band, and not a frequency allowed for Part 15 devices...

Does the device have a FCC registration? Is it supposed to be a low power FM band device intended to be tuned somewhere in 88-108 MHz band?

From a philosophical standpoint, one probably shouldn't be encouraging manufacturers and retailers of non-compliant devices.

From a legal standpoint, would you want to be the one with the illegal radiator in the middle of the AC nav band? Hmm.. as a person "skilled in the radio art" you might have a tough time claiming ignorance of the rules, unlike the casual kid using the boosted FM modulator to get his ipod tunes into the car sound system.