Hi guys,

I have my SDR audio routed through line-in 3/4 of the Behringer UB802 mixer panel, to which I have both a headset (phones out) and speaker (main out) connected (the mic is routed directly to the Delta-44). In this set-up all works superbly, both on transmit and receive.

I would also like to connect the audio out (phones jack) from my Icom 746-pro (which BTW has been collecting alot of dust lately ;-)) to line-in 5/6 of the UB802. Using v1.4.5P7, in Rx all is still well. However, when I try to transimt on the SDR the following occurs with either the 746 turned on  or off and whether the line-in 5/6 mixer level is turned all the way down or not:

- With the leveler off, rapid echoes occur resulting in distorted audio. A sharp click in the mic produces rapid echoes, which die out.

- With the leveler on (default settings), these echoes are amplified to the point that audio overload occurs. Just a sharp click will produce this result.

- Both the SDR and the 746 are routed through a rigrunner to the same power supply. I have noticed that the echoes become markedly less (1 audible in stead of several), when the 746 is disconnected from the power supply. In fact, with the leveler on, audio overdrive no longer occurs, but the input audio is still slightly distorted.

- The echoes worsen as the DSP buffer is increased.

- I have gone back and tested this as far back as v1.3.4 with more or less the same result, albeit that before the introduction of the new AGC in 1.4.5P1 the echoes died away quicker.

I have also tried transmitting on the 746 with both rigs connected to the UB402 and same pwr supply and do not observe the same echo situation. I am probably overlooking something very obvious, but right now I'm stumped. I know that I could connect the 746 to a second pwr supply or just not connect it to the mixer, but if possible I would like to avoid this.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

73 de Joe - AB1DO

Configuration:
Dell Dimension 3000 /w 3GHz P4 + 1GB RAM + XPHomeSP2
SDR-1000 + RFE + 100W PA + USB Adapter
Delta-44 + Break-out kit