At 10:43 AM 12/13/2005, Christoph - HB9AJP wrote:
Hi Jim
It is with speech: my ham friends say they hear me with S9+20 on 80m/LSB and when listening to USB they hear my signal at abt S8.

Is what they hear inverted (i.e. LSB)?
Is it spectrally correct, or are there holes (for instance, if you dial in the image rejection for a single audio tone at 1kHz, then the rejection would be expected to get worse as you get higher or lower, so the image would have just highs and lows, but no mids.)

Has anyone tried a good test of this out there? Create a WAV file consisting of a series of tones, run it out the SDR1000 transmitter, and look at it on some other receiver.

By the way, I think the the impulse calibration will only calibrate the receive side, and, since the transmit and receive use entirely different electronics (i.e. different audio path, different chip for QSE), it's not clear that optimizing receive balance would optimize transmit balance.

When I try to adjust the image rejection with transmit rejct in the DSP setup, I get abt 40db of rejection of the single tone.
73, Chris HB9AJP

Jim