Well I have exactly the same POS video card in all my PC's, a Matrox G450 dual-head video card (same drivers also), I just installed Beta 8 in the PC I will be using for SDR work, and it works fine after a fresh install and switching to DirectX.

Unlike my previous try, in this Dual-CPU Dell PC trying DirectX made a big difference, the average load of the two CPU's went down to 1/2 of the usage before switching to DirectX. By the way, after running for a while I ran FFTW3 and it further lowered the CPU usage, the 1/2 usage figure is after running FFTW3.

Unlike the single CPU system whose CPU load goes up and down on a regular basis, the dual CPU load is fairly steady at around 10%.

Life is good when you have a POS video card that doesn't blow up on your face. Besides right now I'm so over budget that buying a video card is out of the question.