We have some clear cut examples of very good video cards that are blowing up. This is Eric's first DirectX offering. It is just not trivial to deal with these Microsoft tools so I would wait until some of the dust settles on all this before you give up on your card. We definitely have some issues with this release . We have one clear cut case of FFTW3 not improving but hurting (the 64 bit CPU case) since GDI was used.

There should be included in your distribution a new fftw_wisdom. It really must be run with FFTW3. It can take a while depending on your CPU. I think in the 64 bit CPU case it will make a difference. Let us know if it does not. If you have the correct wisdom, when you start it you should see it go up in increasing FFT size in the forward and then again in the backward direction. On the bombing on initialization bug, I have no clue what that is and Eric will have to deal with it. If deleting the database does not fix the problem, I am lost.

Have a great weekend.
Bob