Indeed. The thing people will probably notice most quickly in our narrow bandwidth zoomed windows (given the horrid key clicks on most CW transmitters) is that the "detail" in the noise floor and in the "speech formants", etc. become sharper and more detailed. It is a win and the increased computational complexity is low. I am very grateful to Alex for exposing us all to this technology. It is amazing to me how much there is to learn in all of this. By the way, Alex also helped us get the WDM-KS software going. He is my favorite amateur radio software "for pay" author and I own (having paid for) all of Alex's programs. You can check out his other offerings at his DxAtlas page

http://www.dxatlas.com

His offerings interoperate with Dave Bernstein's software (dxlabs) in the same way that Simon Brown's software interoperates with dxlabs. Alex's work on ionoprobe alone is worth investigating if you care about HF propogation. Alex is extremely talented.

Bob

Trevor Smithers wrote:

I attach my "worst case difference" screen captures. One is blackham harris operating on a pure tone. The other is polyphase operating on exactly the same tone. I presume you can see the difference here.

Certainly can - most impressive.

To demonstrate this for myself I used an Elecraft XG1 on the 50uV range and the 100hz filter - the result using Spectrum, and even more so with Waterfall is really dramatic. The problem I was having previously was trying to find an steady (and clean) enough on air carrier to do the test.

Trevor  G0KTN