Charles,

It is a little hard to "see" virtual comports.  You just gotta have
faith
:-)

A few questions to get things started.

1.) Did you make any change to the Vcom INI file?  If yes, answer
questions
2 & 3

2.) How many vcom port pairs did you define?
3.) What Vcom port pair(s) did you configure (ex. Com5/com6,
com10/com11,
etc...)

BTW, here is a great "how to" for Vcom and setting it up with other
applications.

http://www.hamsdr.com/dnld.aspx

Look for "Third Party Installation.pdf"

-Tim