Not on Flex road-map
--------------------
I realize that Flex does not have the manpower to support a Linux distribution. And, it probably does not make good business sense with the sale of packaged Dell systems. I just wondered if the experimental community might have an interest in a Linux version at this time?

Compelling reasons to move off Windows:
--------------------------------------
When the user has to contend with vCOM and VAC, fftw-wisdom, DirectX, .NET 2.x, and the Vis Studio 200x C#, perhaps it is time to look at a simplified Linux implementation once again?

Linux bootable CDROM?
---------------------
At one time there was quite an effort to see if the Linux version of the console could possibly run under a CDROM version of Knoppix or other similar version of Linux.

As I recall, it was hoped that it could even be a demo CDROM for Flex to hand out at Ham gatherings.

There was a special Ham bootable CDROM by AI9NL but I fear it might have been abandon after April 2005 (http://hamshack-hack.sourceforge.net/L

Python version of the console?
I remember reading some very encouraging info about the progress that Bob G3UKB was making on his Python implementation.

Current status of the Linux version?
Does anyone have further info about the current Linux version of PowerSDR console?

did anyone ever get it to run on a bootable CDROM?

are there still benefits to running a Linux version of the code?

TU de Ken N9VV

KD5NWA wrote:
Too bad Windows is such a pain in the rear about this issue. Some years back I wrote a piece of software that had drivers for special hardware, and was not cooperating at all when the PC went to sleep.