Ken, this may be a clue:

I own a SDR1000 since 2003. Well, the other day I had to move it to another custom cabinet because I added the RFE board. The receiver became deaf, only showing some spurs. After several desperate and frustrating hours, thinking I had to send the whole thing to Gerald, I finally found the cable going to the audio card line in plugged into J3 instead of J1. Believe it or not, I had misplaced the conector labels in the cabinet !!!.

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

Ken Klein wrote:

Everyone;

Please bear with me as this is my first submission to the reflector;  I may
not know the protocol, but I sure would like some help.

A couple of weeks ago I bought the 1W version of the SDR/Delta44 and have
had a great time setting it up and using it.  I'm getting to know it better
every day, and as everyone agrees, it's pretty much fantastic.  Two days ago
I received the 100W amp and ATU upgrades and installed them yesterday.  Now
I have no output power when I tune or hold the key down.  The red light on
the ATU blinks, indicating no output power.  The transmit power meter shows
0W.  At that time, I hadn't tried SSB.

Luckily, I live in Austin, and work a few blocks from Ed and Eric.  So I
took the radio over to them and Ed immediately put it on the bench and tried
it out.  (Try to get that kind of service from one of the BIG THREE!  Kudos
to Gerald, Eric, and Ed, of course, for all their help.)

It worked perfectly.  He worked through the whole suite, showed me a lot of
things I didn't know, but it worked.  I even got a compliment on the amp and
tuner installation (as if it was difficult.)

I brought the radio home.  No output power in TUNE or CW.  What's more, the
receive channel seems dead pretty much across the all bands.  Even the AM
stations aren't coming in, and the panadapter display hardly indicates;
certainly not what I saw when Ed tuned up an AM station on his bench.

So I completely removed all the Delta44 and PSDR s/w and reloaded from
scratch.  No change, except that I found a cheap pc microphone and tried
SSB.  It worked perfectly.  Good looking signal on the panadapter and good
output power! (???)

Still low receive signals and almost no WWV, which is unusual to say the
least.  It won't show any power out using either the tune or CW functions.
I've checked everything, even reseating the Delta44 card and all the
connections.

Does this problem sound remotely familiar to anyone?  I'd sure like some
suggestions to try.

Thanks a million,

Ken  WR5H