Hi Eric,

The AOR ARD-9000 digital voice box includes a built-in voice memory to allow a
person
to start talking without missing the first syllable after the Sync tone is
delivered.
In the ARD-9800 base station model,  you had to key up and wait for the sync
tone to stop
before you could speak. If you didn't time it correctly, your speech was
clipped.

The solution in the ARD-9000 DV unit sounds similar to what one could do for
VOX in the SDR-1000.
I tried very hard to clip my speech in the ARD-9000, and every time the memory
captures the
first syllable.  Could there be a separate memory that captures the voice and
holds it
until the rig switches from receive to transmit?

73,

Ken WB6MLC