Note:  Even in SAM mode (and pressing the Zero Beat button) you may still
see this carrier in the spectrum.

- Jeff, WA6AHL

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jerald Jones
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:57 AM
To: Mark Ericksen; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] SDR-1000 and AM Reception

Mark,

     This is normal.  What you are seeing is the AM station carrier beating
against the SDR (just like an analog receiver with the bfo on).  If you
switch the SDR to SAM mode it will sync the SDR and the carrier and you will
have great sounding AM.

Jerry   WK0J