It's annoying as heck, you go to sleep after you turn off the PC, and sometime in the night, after you have finally fallen asleep the thing goes bunkers buzzing and making all sorts of noise. Which sounds kind of bizarre because the PC is turned off, but nowadays turning it off doesn't remove all the power from the motherboard anymore. In order for a peripheral to wake up the CPU, part of the PCI bus still has power. I would not have this problem if the PC and the speakers were in a power strip that you turn off. But I need VAC for other purposes so might as well fix this problem too.

I downloaded the demo of VAC (3.12) and I installed it and it didn't take long to redirect the output to the built-in sound card, tomorrow I'll fiddle with trying to duplicate the port and send it to another program at the same time.

It crashed the Flex software a couple of times until I changed the refresh rate, then it settled down, that software sure is handy for $20. I'll probably send my $20 tomorrow after I play a little bit with the repeater software. If nothing else it will be handy in editing video and audio tapes, no more changing patch cables.

While redirecting the audio out of the Delta-44 to the built in sound card I looked in the task manager and is wasn't even on the radar of applications using at least 1% of the CPU, all the task eating 1% or more were task I recognize as part of Windoze, good!

At 12:13 AM 4/9/2006, Ross Stenberg wrote:
Sounds like a case of things that go "Boo" in the night.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of KD5NWA
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:21 PM
To: FlexRadio
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Multiple Sound cards

The problem I want to solve is peculiar to a Delta-44,  but the Delta card
is a funky card, it's not like a standard sound card. It outputs all sorts
of noise when not in use and when you turn off the PC.
Leaving a Speaker connected to it is subjects me to all sort of noise in the
middle of the night when the PC is turned off so I have to get up and
disconnect the speakers, no other card I have ever owned has done that. This
PC is next to my bed.

So effectively I want my output on the same sound card I use for everything
else, which has no weird problems.

So before some start with "it's your problem", I've heard others mention
that they had the same problems.

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

"Windows the worlds most successful software virus"