Hi Everyone,

It appears to me that it would be principally only a little software to
turn the SDR-1000 into a quality Vector Network Analyzer similar to the
N2PK VNA

http://users.adelphia.net/~n2pk/VNA/VNAarch.html

only using the 11 KHz IF.  I have got to build my homemade SDR-1000
before I can try this, but some of you with one already available to
play with should try it.  It requires running the transmitter at low
power (probably using one watt or less  and a step attenuator would be a
good idea), and receiving the signal from a reflection bridge (for S11
or S22) or through a network (for S12 or S21).  You will need to have a
known 50 ohm load, and a good short and open to calibrate the
measurements.  I suggest saving the magnitude and phase of the received
signal to a file so you can massage and display it in Scilab or Octave.
I would be happy to offer help and suggestions and Scilab or Octave help
to anyone interested in this project.

73,

Rob, KL7NA

--