Peter,

You are right about the 22 kHz image in transmission. That is why I am
reluctant to transmit without checking (and adjusting) the attenuation
on the used frequency.

With the preamplifier board the leakage of the sampling signal still
can be detected by my other receivers. In practice it is no problem on
the usual noisy bands. That is true also with the 1/f-noise, if you
are running with the gains now used in the SDR-1000.

In my earlier experiments with zero-IF I tried to maximize the dynamic
range without any preamplifier. Then the 1/f-noise determines your
weak signal performance. The maximum signal will be about 4 Vpp at the
200 ohm level that the QSD sees and can handle. This makes about 0 dBm
at the antenna connector.

Just for an explanation, this experiment was made for a commercial
instrumentation project handling about 20 kHz bandwidth.

If you have a SoftRock receiver available, you may tune across the 0
Hz IF. With the present high gain opamp you hardly can see anything
special. Try to set the gain to 0 dB, then you possibly will find a
difference. Measure the signals before the sound card.

73, Ahti OH2RZ