I wonder if someone can help me out on some audio issues...

Reading back over the Delta 44 Quick Start Guide, it states to adjust
the mic gain using the ALC meter during transmit and adjust until the
peaks just reach 0db.  It further says to make certain the compressor
is NOT turned on (and I assume the compander too).  Problem is, I can
not get it to reach 0db no matter how much I turn up the mic pre-amp
on the console.  If I turn on the compressor and compander, I can
reach 0db.

I don't think it has anything to do with a weak input, as I am using
an outboard mic pre-amp (Behringer Tube Ultragain), and even if I try
to increase the output on the audio chain it will not reach 0db.  I
noticed that the document was published when version 1.3.x was
released.  Has something changed since then?  BTW, I do have In3 set
to -10db as it shows in the document.

TIA,

Brian / w5ami