Setup the Paypal site and I'll be the first to contribute.

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
Integrated Technical Services ( http://www.itsco.com )


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Philip Covington
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:11 PM
To: Craig Monsen
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] VAC software

I would be willing to write a Virtual Audio Cable driver (vSOUND) if
there is enough interest.  It doubt that I would release it open
source though.  Probably would price it a little below VAC...

73 de Phil N8VB

On 6/3/06, Craig Monsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mark Amos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:57 PM
> Subject: Re: [Flexradio] VAC software
>
>
> > I suspect the answer is "no" or someone would already have done
it...
> >
> > One thing I hate to do at work is contract with a "sole source"
because of
> > issues with quality, service, support, etc. I don't have any
leverage.
> > Whenever there is only one way to do something, that usually
indicates to
> me
> > that there's either something wrong with my design, or that I'm too
close
> to
> > the leading edge.
> >
> > Is there any other source for virtual audio cable software that
might be
> > more willing to help?  It seems like there would be room for more
than one
> > supplier in this niche...
> >
>
> I tend to agree with Mark's assessment here.
>
> If the SDR1000 software had a VAC built into it, I believe the product
> (SDR1000), would be much more
> desireable to customers and potential customers. The current situation
> requires the user to install multiple programs and
> carefully set up each program properly with respect to COM ports,
buffers,
> etc. Unless this is done just right, the experience
> for the user seems to be a frustrating one. (Judging from all of the
> postings on the reflector). This is certainly not
> a plug-and-play situation. Fortunately others have provided guide
documents
> to do this, however, this task can still seem daunting.
>
> I believe in order to "cross the chasm" with the SDR1000, a simplified
> installation would be desireable. I believe that integrating VAC
> capability into the SDR would simplify connection to the multitude of
HAM
> software that have been available
> for contesting and digital modes.
>
> 73
> Craig
> KC2LFI
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com
>

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

Reply via email to