I sent a support email to flex today about a similar problem, no answer. I find
that with 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 there is an annoying poping sound in the audio. I
think it is related to something in the bitmap refresh code. They must have
changed how the window is redrawn or something. It is most noticeable when you
drag another window over the SDR1000 main window. The processor counter goes to
near 100% on my system. I mostly hear it on AM reception, I don't know if it
happens with wav files.

In 1.6.0, the redraw might not be as clean as in 1.6.1+, the processor also
goes to near 100%, but there is no audio poping. Perhaps it's a case of
tweaking the UI drawing code, but inadvertently affecting the DSP audio chain.