Ian,
I am an American living and working in the U.K. for the U.S. Govt., and I
am located at RAF Croughton in Northhamptonshire.  The closest village is
Croughton Village and the next biggest town is Brackley.  You are invited
to come and visit (presuming you don't have to drive too excessive a
distance (I am not aware of just where Dunstable is located), but I will
look you up on the Internet.
I will be happy to let you operate my SDR and answer any questions you may
have.
73's, Wally.