Good,  I was about to send you working code.  I ran five client/server
blocks here today

Two on XP machines,  two on Linux machines, and one on my Mac.  RPC
worked on all of them irrespective of who issued the call and
irrespective of who the call was directed to.  For this experiment,  I
did only a little more than ping/pong (tutorial 14).   I built a
directory listing and returned it in a message.

This took a hand full of lines of code.

Paul Shaffer wrote:
> My problem was that the windows service "DNS Client" wasn't running.
> Erlang nodes can now see each other. Changes my whole outlook :+>
>

>> Thanks for that. I will certainly check it out before I dive into the
>> real thing. I would have thought that the guys would have checked that
>> out pretty early on...but then no one has popped up to say it does work,
>> so maybe not. There really shouldn't be an issue but then this is
>> software, anything can happen.

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.
You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los
Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly
the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat." - Einstein