At 06:36 AM 9/20/2006, Robert McGwier wrote:
>I believe that Peter has probably hit on the correct interpretation.  If
>so (and I will test this today) and TortoiseSVN is NOT giving a "cannot
>write" error message,  this is a bug since this cannot be allowed to happen.
>
>Windows locks dll's that are in use and refuses to allow them to be
>overwritten.

More properly, Windows locks dlls that it *thinks are in use*, which
may or may not be the actual case.  It's not unheard of for a program
to terminate (typically abnormally) and for Windows to not realize
that the dll is now free. More likely in complex programs with lots
of interacting dlls.  Especially if one dll calls things in another
dll.  There is a tool around that lets you look at what Windows is
thinking, but I can't recall the name.  I just reboot before doing
things like installations.

Jim, W6RMK