Rick Markey, KN3C wrote:
> Is anyone in fact using the SDR-1000 as their primary, every day radio?  Is
> there a release of software that allows the system to be as reliable as an
> off-the-shelf box, ignoring the performance issue for the moment.  It
> doesn't seem to make sense to have a high performance radio if it doesn't
> work reliably.

I've decided to go with the SDR1K as my main radio.  The only other I
have is the FT817, which was meant as a portable station.

In the end, there's just no receiver to touch it, from what I can see,
for the price.

I also prefer using VHF and SHF, and no modern radio properly supports
transverting these days either.

So, when it gets delivered, I shall use a 100W SDR1000 as my main,
everyday radio and will decide whether to sell my older SDR1000 unit or
keep it as a backup.

Dave (G0DJA)