Okay ... still in need of help.

Setup: Athlon AMD 64x2 w/ 2 gig mem using XP op system; Delta 44
soundcard.  Mode is CW.

I have  already set the unit back once to FlexRadio and other than a
little low output on 10 mtrs they can't find anything wrong.

When using USB to Parallel connection the rcve is fantastic.  But the TX
is screwed up.

    Tune gives me 50 watts out (to dummy load) regardless of setting.
    Drive gives me 50 to 90+ watts out.  (0 drive = 50 watts and 100
    drive = 90+ watts)
    Also hear a steady carrier (on my Corsair II) in addition to my CW
    sent dits.  This steady carrier is off approximately equal to my
    sidetone setting (750hz).  Stays on after stop sending dits
    approximately equal to my breakin delay setting (400ms).

Bought a PCI parallel card and put it in computer.

    Rcve is dead.  Doesn't even hear my Corsair which is on the same
    desk (and yes they are on the same frequency).
    Tune says 557 watts out (on the SDR meter) w/ high SWR into a
    dummyload which shows no power out.
    Nothing happens on transmit when try to key via paddle connected to SDR.

My assumptions (right or wrong).
1.  USB to parallel connection is only partially working.

        * I opened up the connector and found two of the wires had nicks
          in them exposing bare metal.  I covered them w/ tape just to
          be sure no shorting was going on.  The grounding braid was
          folded back and not connected to anything including the cable
          clamp.  When reassembled had the grounding braid clamped.  But
          that made no difference.

2.  The parallel port connection is not working at all.  Some setting
must be wrong.

        * I did connect up my printer and it printed a perfect test page.
        * Computer says my printer is on LPT3and the  I/O are DF00, DF07
          and DE00, DE07.
              o I have choices on computer for Never allow interupts,
                allow any interupts and try not to allow interupts.
        * The SDR software says the LPT address is 378.  I have tried
          the other options and none work.

Okay folks, what am I doing wrong.
Tech support says send the rig in again ... I am afraid they will prove
the hardware is okay (again).
I would rather have you point out my error and get me back on the air.
I really like my Corsair for CW but the SDR1000 is one sweet machine.

73/Crit/K4BXN