[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I use my Elecraft XG-1 at 50uV to do the RX level calibration (this
> corresponds to -73dBm which is S9).
> I use either the XG-1 or wwv at 10.0MHz for the RX freq calibration.
> As pointed out earlier, the RX null requires a stronger sig than the
> 50uV supplied by the XG-1 so a second TX is a good choice for this
> calibration.
>
> Your situation with the noise floor so low sounds like something isn't
> right with the level cal.  My noise floor typically sits at about
> -130dBm on 20m with med pre-amp setting.  It sounds like you need to
> recalibrate the RX level against a known sig level, if I'm reading your
> comments correctly.
>
> Pete, N3EVL

I think I've been confusing old instructions, and the latest instructions...

OK, all reset, PA set up again, and the RX level reset to -70dBm.

I'm listening to the Russian frequency standard on 9.996MHz.  Which is
peaking somewhere about -120dB above noise, which is at about -140dB on
the standard setting.

Unfortunately, WWV isn't so good now, it being night over here.  LOL.

Ah well, maybe tomorrow...