N3WT wrote:
> Dave
>
> May I suggest using an external keyer.  I am more comfortable using an
> external keyer with most rigs, including the IC-756PROII and even Ten Tecs.
> And now Including the SDR-1000.  I did not expect the internal keyer to be
> just right for me  from the start.  I did not like Icom or Ten Tec keyers
> either.   It is nice to have, and maybe will be improved in the future in
> the SDR.    I use the new WinKeyerUSB Keyer from K1EL which has  every
> possible setting available and PC control.  However, almost any modern keyer
> would do.

Hi John,

So, what we are saying is that the keyer on the SDR1000 is worse than
the one on the FT817?

I have used external CW keyers in the past, but ever since my TS850S
I've been able to use a half decent internal keyer.

For the cost of a TS2000, which I'm told allows both Iambic modes, this
shouldn't be a case of buying another keyer, should it?

I'm not asking for weighting and the rest (although most rigs half the
price of the SDR1000 have them) but just to be able to send CW with my
paddles isn't too much to ask, is it?  It seems that so much is
available from software, except a CW keyer...

Dave (G0DJA)