From: "Jim Lux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"........ There IS a lot of cool stuff, and to a
certain extent, software radios, in general, are so new that NOBODY
knows how to best control, interface, and use them (some
commercial/govt implementations of SDR are so wonderfully abstract
and generalized that they are totally impractical to use).  Interface
design and conceptual architectures are a matter of
experimentation
................"

Jim,

Basically  I agree with most of your comments.

I will take exception, however, to "nobody knows how to .. interface them..
<and> Interface  design and conceptual architectures are a matter of
experimentation"

My take on it is just about opposite of what you state:  To me user
interfaces in real time system control (especially embedded systems where
the users control hardware are fixed vs. the "Windoze" platforms ) are a
well researched and very well understood subject.   Based on my background I
have submitted many comments to Flex re all that.  I don't know, I spent
years in that field, and a lot of people paid me for what I did.   Maybe I
was just "experimenting" who knows??   If that was the case, please don't
tell my old boss.. hi hi

-73s  K6KDK