Another strange aspect of the SDR1K is the current drawn when 'off'.

When it is switched on, before connecting the console, it draws 0.8
amp.  If I switch the unit to off the current drawn goes up to 1.3
amps!  The really strange thing is that the fan is on in the 'on'
position, but off in the 'off' position...

Doesn't happen on the older 0.5 Watt version, without a PA or a fan,
that drops to nothing, or, rather, no detectable current on the PSU ammeter.

Dave (G0DJA)