I received my SDR-1000 this week and have been able to configure everything
except the soundcard. When I click TEST on the Sound Card tab it says
calibrating but it does nothing and the progress bar never advances. I am using
a Firebox and I can hear audio just fine. The Box is wired exactly the same way
as shown on page 3 of the Firebox Quick Start guide from the Flex website.

Another strange thing is that if I hit MOX I see an audio signal of –100db
(using the panadapter) in the passband even if the microphone is not plugged in
and the Firebox mic preamp is turned off or all the way up. The level never
changes. If I hit MOX and speak in the mic (Heil Quiet Phone Pro Phone with a
MC-5 element) I see no change in that –100db signal. If I change the mic level
setting from 0 to 10 in PowerSDR the level stays the same also. When I click on
MOX the TX meter is displaying Mic at –25db. I even tried unplugging both
cables that go to the SDR and it still does the same thing!

BTW, I do not have VAC enabled and it is in USB. The sound card buffer size is
2048, the sample rate is 48000 and the output voltage is 6.39. The Noise Gate
is disabled.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on here? I really would like to
use my rig and this is starting to drive me nuts. It looks like either PowerSDR
is configured wrong or something is wrong with my SDR-1k.

73
Zack
N8FNR