Andy, at one time Bob N4HY was experimenting with the Lynx series
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/sound_cards.html#lynx
and
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/lynxtwo.htm
but you should note that drivers aren't available for all the operating
systems and the Lynx card has not been incorporated as a supported card
for the Flex-Radio SDR-1000 PowerSDR console.

Have you looked at the HPSDR "Janus" board? the A/D chips in that board
might offer just about the highest performance available at a reasonable
price  http://hpsdr.org/janus.html

de ken n9vv