Jim Lux wrote:
> At 07:47 AM 10/16/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I'm interested to get one of those OCXO modules that Alan K2WS developed.
>> He told me there is a minimum of 10 orders required from Bliley
>> (OCXO's manufacturer).
>> In order to shorten the waiting time I'm willing to order the 10
>> units but I will like to know first if some one else is interested
>> to do the OCXO upgrade to their Flex as well, otherwise I will be
>> stuck with the remaining.
>>

> Have you tried Wenzel for oscillators?  http://www.wenzel.com/  They
> have very low phase noise OCXOs in the $200-300 price range, and for
> common frequencies (5,10 MHz for sure, lots of others too) they'll
> probably have them off the shelf in qty:1.
>
> I've used a number of their Streamline high performance oscillators
> for a quiet 10 MHz reference. These are the familiar 2x2x1 inch block
> with a SMA connector (or pins or BNC)
>
> The Onyx is a smaller package with pins.
>
> their VHF frequency ones (30-130 MHz) offer phase noise of -125
> dBc/Hz at 100 Hz out.  100 MHz is a standard, but I don't think it
> will work with the SDR1000 (x2 isn't an option for the onchip PLL, as
> I recall).
> ..........(more follows)

Jim,
On Sep 21 2006 Eric Wachsmann wrote:

> > 100MHz is actually not a supported frequency since the DDS input multiplier
> > does not officially have a 2x setting.  It does seem to work though,
> > strangely enough.
> >

> > Eric Wachsmann
> > FlexRadio Systems

I bought a new Bliley 100 Mhz OCXO on ebay ($45, some still remain on sale,
item #290031197853)and I was planning to use a X2 multiplier or divide it down
to a supported frequency and let the pll multiply back to 200 Mhz.  It seems
that I can use the oscillator output directly.  I´ll test it as time permits.

--
73 de Ignacio, EB4APL