-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joel Harrison
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Request Help with Problem

I'm experiencing a problem I want to throw out here in case anyone can
provide some advice. I'm convinced (based on test results below) it is
computer related but can't seem to track it down. If you have any advice,
please respond directly to me as there is no need to take up reflector
bandwidth with this.

System:
Compaq Evo N610C computer, 2.0 GHz processor 1.0 GHz Ram, Windows XP
Professional
Presonus Firebox
USB connection to SDR-1000

Here is the problem:
Every 4 seconds or multiple thereof (mostly happens every 8 seconds) the
control panel will freeze up and lose receive audio for approximately 150
ms, then continue on only to occur again every 4, 8 or 12 seconds (mostly on
the 8 second mark) for the very brief ~150 ms. The main problem it causes in
annoyance in losing bits of words during receive. The system will run for
hours with no problem except this annoyance every few seconds.

It does not happen with the SDR-1000 connected to another computer. It does
occur with my other SDR-1000 connected to this computer. It does occur with
both USB and Parallel port connections. I've have increased and decreased
the latency in both the Firebox and PowerSDR control panels with no impact
on this condition.

I have attempted to identify if the computer is performing some other action
during this time but I have not found anything obvious. The CPU usage does
not "spike" during or close to this time, the hard drive does not become
active nor does anything else appear to "activate" during this very brief
condition that I have been able to identify. There are no other programs
running other than PowerSDR.

73 Joel W5ZN